Monday, May 26, 2008

About Relationships

That was the second time I was meeting my Fiancée. It was a pleasant March evening when my dad and I walked past a few shops in the busy streets of a fast growing metropolitan. The moon shown brightly on the lawns of the park and there were a few children still playing. I seated my dad on a bench at a distance and went to the ladies hostel to call on her.

My Dad had not met her after the first meeting of our families a couple of weeks ago. He was hoping he could speak to her and understand her better. After all, he was curious to know if she will fit in our family well enough.

She greeted my dad cheerfully and began telling us about her father who passed away a couple of years ago. I was sitting in the middle of the bench and was feeling awkward when each voice reached me from either side. I then stepped into the lawns and started walking about. Playing as a child would, I climbing in and out of the metal frames of children’s playthings in the park, I at once plunged myself into the early days of my childhood. Time flies, taking with it those precious moments of life, leaving only the memories behind.

Relationships are like saplings, when you nourish them they grow and give shelter to you. When you neglect them, they perish and are no longer fulfilling.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Suresh,

I am happy to see ur blog! I hope everything is fine with You! ;-)

Janos